Nelson County Courthouse is a historic courthouse located at Lovingston, Nelson County, Virginia within the Lovingston Historic District. The original building opened in 1810. It is a rectangular, two-story stuccoed brick structure, with two additions: one of ten feet attached to the rear of the original structure and the other is a large lateral wing across the rear of the first addition. Both of these additions were constructed in 1940. The original structure was partially remodeled in 1968. It contains one large courtroom with a spectator gallery towards the rear. It was the first public building to be built after Nelson County’s organization in 1807.
Nelson County Courthouse 1973 Final Nomination – National Register of Historic Places