NCHS encourages you to take advantage of the MEMBERS ONLY searchable features created by painstaking volunteers to provide you with the very best historical information.
We welcome you to join NCHS for a very reasonable fee of $15 for individuals/organizations or $20 for families,
Click on: ONLINE JOIN
Commemorating Camille - Never Forget
Hardcover edition has sold out!
We have ordered a second printing of the book with no changes to the original publication. The second printing is expected about October 12. If you ordered and paid for the book prior to Sept.15, a copy has been set aside at Oakland Museum for you to pick up. Oakland is open Wednesdays from 1-4 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Online orders through the Museum Store are still being accepted and will be mailed once the second printing is received. A limited number of softcover issues are available at the Museum Store and Oakland Museum for $30 (plus $7 for mailing).
Cemeteries of Nelson County, Virginia
The Nelson County Historical Society is planning to update and republish a new edition of their book Cemeteries of Nelson County, Virginia.
Please forward any corrections, new cemetery listings, or other information that might be helpful to email@example.com as we work to make the most complete listing of cemeteries available. Target publication is Spring 2020.
Member Search Capability
- A searchable listing of the Society's archival holdings at the Nelson Memorial Library and at the Oakland Museum can be found under Society Archives.
- In some instances, digitized photographs may also be available through the online catalog. We hope to increase these digitized offerings in the future.
- Digitized images of several newspapers in the days after Hurricane Camille (August 19-20, 1969) are included under Hurricane Camille.
- Oral histories and videos are also included under Hurricane Camille.
- A "Google-based" search engine for searching across the website is also included. Note: this search engine does not search the archives catalog. A separate search engine is located with the catalog for searching.
- All previously published issues of the Nelson County Historical Society's newsletter are also included under Member Login.
- Research Resources includes listings of the folders held at the Nelson Memorial Library for churches, communities, families, homes, mills, and post offices.
- Research Resources also includes a listing of links to outside sources with information on Nelson County's history and families.
We welcome feedback from our members as we strive to continue to add content to the website. Fueled by the energy of several volunteers, the donation of their time made this information possible. We sincerely thank our volunteers for their selfless devotion.
Email us by clicking on email us with your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org